June 6, 2012

More garden changes

OOPS!  I forgot both the cucumbers for Toli and our first attempt to grow potatoes when planning the garden.  Thanks goodness for this online Garden Planner.  It let me play around online with box sizes and placement as well as plants and plant placement.  Really found it handy.

So drum roll please Here is what we are planning for the backyard "garden" area.   Notice how many boxes I ended up with.  5 big boxes is not what we had in mind when I started this year but it was the only way to fit everything in.  The biggest problem was fitting in my squash and his cucumbers...

Toli has been busy making the extra boxes needed and I get to do the heavy work and blend the soil for the boxes.  He is at least helping me put it in the boxes.  I also want to move my compost pile out of the corner and over near the wooden fence.  I am hoping to actually find  room for a 3 bin setup which will make life easier next year when I need compost for the garden boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment