May 31, 2015

Moving Forward...

Well my original plans for a kitchen with purple, cream, green and tan to amber tones have vanished but the new color choices are going to be rather interesting I think.  So not a lot of quirky and colorful stained glass etc but instead I get to play with an even more fun transitional style. 
Color choices are being controlled by our choice of Blue Pearl granite for the future counter top.  The back splash will have a stick mosaic tile that has the granite, blue, black, and clear glass tiles in it.   The floor will be a blue-gray color similar to the blue dove Marmoleum I posted earlier.

 The counter and backsplash will look similar to this photo from Houzz.


 My lamp for over the dining table got changed to this neat minimal Tiffany style

And I am thinking of this quirky little pendant for over my sink.  I think it will add a touch of color to the blue/stainless/grey tones of the granite and backsplash.



We are also working with stains to find a "cherry" wood color we like to add some warmth. I am actually starting to get excited again about this renovation.



No comments:

Post a Comment