May 20, 2012

I took yesterday off to attend a rabbit show that was being held about 6 blocks from my house.   I walked in and the first thing I saw was a big, beautiful Satin Angora boy.   Turned out he was not there to show but rather to sell.   Yes he came home with me.  His name is now d'Artagnan.  My new beautiful baby boy is probably an ermine which means his spinnable wool will stay nearly white but he may get a bit more color on his noes and ears.
 As I had promised her breeder I took my little doe Cloud Flower with me to get some opinions on her.  Due to her small size I was not sure if she would be big enough to fit the standard so was not expecting much. Grin she ended up with a BOB which sounds impressive but isn't really in this case.   Satin Angora are fairly rare especially in this area.   The only ones at the show were Cloud Flower and a beautiful older chinchilla doe.  In show A the chinchilla doe beat Cloud Flower and in show B Cloud Flower beat the chinchilla doe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment