March 9, 2021

Dreams on a winter day...

 Seeds are ordered, and more were ordered and even more arrived due to a seed swap...  somehow 7 varieties of micro dwarf became about 100 varieties of tomatoes, plus broccoli, beans, squash, greens, and somethings I had to look up.  I can say that I am set for seeds for this year and possibly the next few years.  So many seeds I had to make a database for them...  and I am still filling it up and filing seeds away...  

Then I stumbled into "permaculture" oh boy now I really want out of the city... but on part of the culture is bloom where you are so I have been looking around my lot and deciding on a few small things I can do this year.   One of course was to rearrange my garden AND to move to the front yard for some of my growing. 

Current plans for this year include starting that asparagus bed I have constantly nixed because I felt I had no room for it.   Well, well, well, look at that it won't be a big one but yep we can squeeze in a bed right there. Oh and put some strawberries that bed also. Lets put an arch over the gate way and grow cucumbers up one side and tomatoes up the other.  Peas grow up and look there is room next to the peas for some of my runner beans.  Potatoes in grow bags make use of space that is still too compacted or trashed to grow directly in the soil. Herbs and flowers along the fence line.  OH I almost forgot the most important part.  Everything will be covered in mulch which will be used to grow mushrooms :) Not only will I get better soil quicker I will get yummy mushrooms to eat fresh or dry for winter.  

So how does this look? 



Yes hopefully there will be lots of potatoes and dried beans, plus snap beans, greens and tomatoes to can or freeze.  Cucumbers for pickles and fresh eating.  Not actually a lot of onions, collards, etc that are all new plants or varieties for us but enough to let us decide yea or nay for next year.  No asparagus this year and not much if any next year but it will be in the ground and getting established. Same with the strawberries. 

Now to design the front gardens... 

No comments:

Post a Comment