March 21, 2021

Oh my what have I done...

 That asparagus bed will have to be made for sure now as I just ordered a 6 pack sampler.  It will get here about mid April and will have 2 Sweet Purple, 2 Mary Washington and 2 Millennium plants.   I also have some plants here from Lowes that are 3 Mary Washington and 2 Purple Passion.  Not sure how those will do I think I need to open their boxes and get them in a pot to keep them alive...  If they all survive I will have more then the 10 plants  I planned on my bed.  The 6 new plants are 2 year old crowns and the Lowes plants are 1 year old crowns so this bed is a long term project and it will be 2 or 3 years before I really start to get a nice harvest.  Of course the asparagus will go into the garden so I can keep an eye on it and protect it from things like Pronghorns... 

AND for the front yard bed I bought two White Aster Dahlias. These are considered the oldest known variety still in existence AND it makes a tasty tuber you can eat...  I want to get a few more Dahlia varieties for that bed but not sure what I will get. Most of the ones I like are all sold out so maybe I will just wait and order for next year... 

In the mean time I am weighing my options for things like a clumping type Jerusalem Artichoke versus one that runs,  looking for the groundnut vines at a price I can afford, etc.  But I do feel like I have made a few steps in the right direction... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment