March 19, 2021

I have been a busy girl...

 Day before yesterday I planted seeds.  For the garden I planted 2 kinds of onions, leeks, shallots, 3 kinds of sweet peppers,  Batac eggplant and some rosemary seeds.  The alliums should have been planted last month but it took a while to get seeds, seed starter stuff and of course the energy to do something.   The rosemary seeds gave me a single weak plant last year and I hope I get at least a single healthy plant from them this year but rosemary is notoriously hard to start from seeds.  Most you see for sale are from cuttings.  

Yesterday I transplanted 16 of the 17 seedlings from the 172X F3-C5 seeds.  I also transplanted the 2 seedlings from the 6 seeds of the possible crossbred seeds.  Sadly these look like micro seedlings so that cross probably didn't take.  

AND today I finished the requirements to apply for a badge bit in the Permie forum.   This one is for sprouting seeds.  I used some Einkorn, an ancient form of wheat, which is actually only grown out until the roots form.  Then you dry the grain and use it in a number of different ways.  I made porridge from my today and YUMMY that was very good.  Filled out the submission for the badge bit including a photo.  Now I have to wait until the admins look it over and decide if I fulfilled the requirements or need to start again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment